Epilepsy awareness and seizure management - course outline
3-hour online course providing delegates with an understanding of epilepsy and how to manage different types of seizures.
The course includes:
- an introduction to epilepsy
- causes and diagnosis
- types of seizures (including first aid for seizures)
- status epilepticus, SUDEP and minimising risk
- treatments – medication and side effects
- psychosocial issues
- At the end of the session the delegates will be able to:
- give examples of how epilepsy can affect a person physically
- give examples of how epilepsy can affect a person socially and psychologically
- briefly describe how epilepsy is diagnosed and treated
- list the actions you would take to support someone during a seizure
All delegates receive a certificate of attendance. We recommend that this training takes place every two years.
Please refer to the terms and conditions of booking.
6-hour course giving delegates an understanding of epilepsy and how to administer emergency medication.
Terms and conditions for Epilepsy Society training courses. These terms and conditions apply to those who purchase Epilepsy Society's training services.
Our courses are available to a wide range of people looking to develop their understanding of epilepsy for professional or personal reasons. Delegates include carers, school escorts, post-graduate students as well as commercial organisations, GP surgeries and drug company representatives.